Saturday, September 6, 2008

Change of Heart, Part V

Well, the time has come, gentle readers, for the final installment of "Change of Heart" and the before and after pictures of the house. You might remember this picture from a previous post.

This time, take note of the wreath at the top right--this thing was a giant wreath of dried organic material that the Disgustingtons kindly left behind when they moved out. My mom and I kept smelling something awful in the house besides the cat urine in the downstairs bedrooms and we finally figured out it was the nasty wreath. So, we wrestled it off of the wall and threw it out in the trash pile and watched as a cloud of dust that was reminiscent of the bombing of Hiroshima billowed upward as it landed.



Yes, those are indeed more bears. This place was a woodland paradise before I moved in.

Here's what it looks like now:




A view out of the picture window toward the east with the creek outside:


And, finally, a view of the west side of the living room--thanks to Mother and Father of Ken for giving up all of their living room furniture to me!



The last room is the loft, which was the original bedroom in the house before the addition was built. The Disgustingtons used it as a family room, but I use it as my study. Please forgive all of the stacks of books and papers--this happens when one is writing a dissertation. Thankfully, I have a study in which to corral all of the materials. When I wrote my master's thesis, I had to use the dining room of my one bedroom apartment.


Anyway, here are some photos of the loft before I moved in:



And here's what it looks like now:



The loft probably doesn't look that much better now than it did before I moved in, but at least there are no bear pillows...

No comments: