Monday, January 5, 2009

Hey Santa



McKenna and I want to wish a belated happy holiday to our gentle readers and we want to share some of our Christmas with you. The first set of pictures are of the decorations in our house in New York. I didn't decorate much this year, but I did put some ornaments in the picture window:





I didn't put the Christmas tree up, but I did have some smaller trees around the house:



More trees:



A photo of the trees with the candles lit:




Once I arrived in Kansas, I helped Mother of Ken prepare for the various holiday feasts that we hosted and attended. These are the lemon snowdrop cookies that I made for Christmas Eve dinner:





We usually bake a lot for the holidays, but since we left for San Francisco right after Christmas, we only made a few things this year, including a chocolate pecan pie and some bread.

I baked a peach pie and a cherry pie for the community Christmas dinner--check out my awesome lattice crusts:



And here are some of the decorations at Mother and Father of Ken's house. First, the Christmas tree in the bay window:





The living room:




The dining room with the table set for Christmas dinner:




Our Christmas dinner--beef tenderloin, cracked potatoes, roasted butternut squash, olives and pickles, apple salad with bleu cheese, and fresh homemade oatmeal rolls:



We also had beef carpaccio for a midnight snack on Christmas Eve and brunch on Christmas day that included mimosas, overnight baked French toast, and Skiers Sausage (sausage and apples cooked together). Later on Christmas day, we had homemade ravioli, salad, and bread at Aunt and Uncle of Ken's house along with Grambi's pecan pie and a table full of cookies and candy.


All in all, we had a lovely holiday with our family and friends, we ate a lot of delicious food, and we received lots of great presents. Details of the San Francisco trip coming soon...


No comments: