Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pour Some Sugar on Me

I agreed to bake a batch of cookies for a gathering that I had to attend on Monday night, so I decided to give Lemon Snowdrop Cookies another try with some slight modifications.

The ingredients for the cookies are: butter, powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, and salt (see the link above for the exact recipe).




I put the butter in the mixer first:



Then I added the powdered sugar:



Lemon zest:



Lemon juice:



Once all of those ingredients were well combined, I added the flour and salt:




After mixing the dough just enough to incorporate the flour, I used a small tablespoon-sized scoop to make each cookie equal in size and then I made an indentation in the center of each cookie and then I put them in a 400 degree oven for about seven minutes.




While the cookies were baking, I made the lemon filling. The ingredients include: sugar, one egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter.



All of the ingredients go into a saucepan over medium heat:



I cooked the filling over medium heat for about ten minutes until it thickened to the consistency of pudding and then I let it cool before adding it to the cookies.



I put filling in the center of each cookie and then dusted them with powdered sugar. Here they are, nicely arranged on a platter:



I really liked them this way better than as sandwich cookies. Everyone who tried them loved them and several people took cookies with them. These are going into the recipe file for good.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I want to eat these right now. Well, not right now, I'm swimming in Super Bowl party leftovers and Groundhog Day cookies. But in about a week and a half, I want to eat them ;-)