Friday, April 10, 2009

Haven't We Been Here Before: Some Updates

I am sure that all of you gentle readers are on the edges of your seats waiting to find out what is going on with the refrigerator. So far, the Offensive Beast's replacement has not arrived. When I called to find out what was going on, my conversation with the delivery person went something like this:

Delivery Man: "This is the delivery man calling."

Me: "Yes."

DM: "We have your refrigerator. When do you want to schedule the delivery?"

Me: "I'll be home all day today, would you like to bring it this afternoon?"

DM: "How about Sunday?"

Me: "Is that the soonest you can bring it?"

DM: "Yes."

Me: "Well, then I guess Sunday will have to do."

DM: "Is Sunday afternoon convenient for you?"

Me: "Not really, since it is Easter, but since I don't have a working refrigerator right now, I don't have much choice."

DM: "Okay, we'll bring it on Sunday afternoon."

Me: "Okay."

DM: "Well, I guess I could call you if anyone cancels today or tomorrow."

Me: "I would appreciate that."

Gee, thanks. I love that they brag about next day delivery for their in-stock appliances, but when you order one, it takes three days to deliver it after it arrives. For now, my little NuCool refrigerator will just have to do...

My Grambi has been asking me to update "It's a broad noodle." all week. I must apologize for omitting a reference to the important people who "fluff" the noodles several times a day as they dry to ensure even drying. The chicken and noodle dinners would be nothing without the "noodle fluffers" who ensure the high quality of the noodles made in the St. Timothy's kitchen.

In other news, because I know you are dying to find out what I have been up to all week, the creek is running pretty high as a result of the rain and snow that we have had lately. Here's a short video of the roaring rapids outside of my back door:


The highlight of our week was the arrival of a box from Mother and Father of Ken. McKenna was convinced that Piper and Boomer were in the box and she spent most of the morning sniffing and rubbing on the box and trying to put her head inside.


McKenna received a special gift from Mother of Ken: a St. Patrick's Day t-shirt from Old Navy. For some reason, she loves to wear clothes, although she doesn't have an extensive wardrobe nor do I dress her regularly. Here she is modeling her new shirt:







Maybe my next post will include news that the Offensive Beast is gone and the new refrigerator is presiding over the kitchen--wish me luck!

No comments: