Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reminiscing: The Wine in Your Life

There is no date on this charming booklet produced for California: Wine Land of America, but you can probably tell that it has some miles on it.  I really like the illustrations in this one (really, I'm not being sarcastic this time).  There is something cheerful about them.




I am on board with these people--wine and a huge plate of cheese and olives.



Why are things so casual these days?  I would love to attend a dinner party like the one illustrated on the right.  Maybe I'll have to have a dinner party like this some day--bring back the formal dining experience...



Does wine taste better when you are dressed up?  Also, I love it when people find a way to use the word "flourish" in reference to food and drink.



I totally want her outfit!  Also, I have champagne glasses like these that belonged to my great grandparents and I love to use them.  They make me feel like I've been transported back in time.



Ahhhh...I love wine.

No comments: