Monday, April 5, 2010

Let's Wait Awhile

I finally got a request for one of the cheesecakes that I donated to the white elephant auction at my church last fall, so I made it this weekend. I think this might be the most perfect cheesecake I've ever made:


This is Mother of Ken's recipe:

For the crust--
1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp. melted butter
1 tbsp. sugar

Combine all ingredients and press into the bottom of a greased spring form pan.

For the filling--
3 pkgs. softened cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. almond extract (or, in my case, vanilla)
1 tsp. Amaretto (I substituted Kahlua)
3 eggs

Beat cream cheese and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add almond or vanilla flavoring and liqueur. Pour into pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.

This makes a great cheesecake every time with a creamy texture--not the cakey, dry kind that you sometimes get at restaurants. It was certainly a hit with the people who won it and ate it last night.

2 comments:

liddadog said...

Just a note - I often use the reduced fat cream cheese in this recipe. Father of Ken likes his cheesecake pretty soft in the middle.

Ken said...

Me too--I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and no one ever notices a difference.