This week's Favorite Thing is white vinegar. I know that may sound strange to you, but hear me out.
Top five reasons to love white vinegar (in no particular order):
1. It is inexpensive.
2. It is one of the best deodorizers I have ever found.
3. It polishes chrome like nobody's business.
4. It is great for grade school science experiments.
5. It is inexpensive.
Contrary to Late Grandfather of Ken and Father of Ken's opinions, white vinegar does not rid dogs of fleas. In fact, it will make your Boston Terrier hyperventilate and never trust you again. Poor Corkey. It does, however, clean and deodorize nearly everything in or around your home for pennies and it makes everything smell fresh, not vinegary.
Some of the feats of strength successfully completed by white vinegar in my lifetime:
1. The neutralization of drawers and cabinets in cool, but somewhat smelly old furniture.
2. The neutralization of Leah's kitchen and living room following a lasagna overflow mishap in January.
3. Cleaning and polishing the chrome fixtures in the bathrooms and kitchen of my house when I took cleaning duties over from the Disgustingtons.
4. Quickly freshening the garbage disposal so that it smells nice.
5. Cleaning and freshening the microwave--put some white vinegar in a bowl, microwave it for 30 seconds, then use a cloth dipped in the vinegar to clean the inside of the microwave.
6. Works as a substitute for buttermilk when you mix it with regular milk. Great for other cooking and baking applications, too.
And best of all, it is SO inexpensive! You can get a huge bottle of it for a few dollars and you can use it for so many things. White vinegar is awesome. You know I'm right.