Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Heaven is a Place on Earth: Update

A few weeks ago, I posted about St. Timothy's Episcopal Church in Iola, Kansas. Now that the finishing touches are in place, I thought you would enjoy seeing the result:


View from the back of the church:







View from the middle of the church--are those green new hangings that I see? Very nice...







The pretty new pulpit that came all the way from the state of New York:


View from the front of the church looking toward the back:





And the piece de resistance, the newly painted altar with actual gold leaf applied by hand on the accents:





A toast to the people of St. Timothy's for their hard work and dedication. The result is a light, bright space with understated elegance that will welcome you (and hopefully others) each week. I can't wait to see it in person the next time I am there.


No comments: